Pages

Thursday, May 26, 2011

mother's day again

so some musings are due. It's May 26 and that means it's "DzieƄ Matki" or Mother's Day in Poland, my home country. It brings back a lot of memories from my childhood and a lot of reflections, again:).
I miss my mom - she died of Alzheimer's 3 years ago at the age of 63. Too soon...I only have some pictures of her from my childhood - she always shooed my father with his camera away. But how I wish I had more. Especially of us together. Hugging, kissing, walking, skating, hanging out in our pajamas the whole day - just together.... I cannot bring back time so now it's time to think of my own kids, and it's even more challenging since I'm the house photographer. I want them to have fond memories of our time together and photos will refresh their memory every so often. I feel like I'm running out of time though - they are growing so fast, not so snugly and cuddly any more, so it's a little testing to show the love when there is so many other emotions mixed in. But those are good, too. I wish I had an unposed picture to illustrate but I don't - I'll be better this year, I promise:) But here I am with my lovely not so little ones.


And here is my call to all the moms out there! Don't wait till you lose weight, be well rested, have a good-hair-day etc. - have a picture taken - of YOU! alone or with kids! Your parents are going to love it and your kids will cherish it for ever. The picture of  the most beautiful mom in the world - you!
And you can win a free session to do just that!
 Please go to http://www.facebook.com/malinaphotography and "like" my page and then send me an e-mail to malina@malinaphotography.com saying why you would like to win this "mom session" ( just for you or you and your babies) - less than 500 words please;). 3 contenders will be chosen by June 15th and than we will do a fb voting part. Have fun! Can't wait to read your stories! Malina

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Jody - I hope it will work - I hear so many women complain about not being photogenic, me included :), that I want to show them it's not true - I hope I can ;)

    ReplyDelete